Dear Conference Participant,
It is a sincere pleasure to welcome you to central Pennsylvania and Bucknell University for our annual digital scholarship conference. We began conceptualizing this week’s gathering last fall and are very proud of the results of our efforts: Negotiating Borders through Digital Collaboration. Now in our third year, we’re proud that we’ve organized an event where all who are involved in digital scholarship can participate in rich and meaningful ways. Typically it is unusual to see faculty, administrators, educational technologists, librarians, archivists, graduate and undergraduate students all attending and interacting at the same conference, but at #BUDSC it has become the norm.
We hope that you will experience the next few days as a time to share your research, pedagogy and the experiences you have gained at your home institutions; learn about innovations and advancements developing elsewhere; and participate in the development and growth of this shared intellectual endeavor. More than anything else, it is our hope that each of us will return to our respective institutions having gained friendships, built new partnerships and increased opportunities for collaboration in this exciting field.
None of this would have been possible without the generous support of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and a number of individuals here at Bucknell who have worked tirelessly over the past many months to bring us together this week:
- Conference Chair: Emily Sherwood
- Conference Coordinator: Tracy Hower
- Program Committee: Carrie Pirmann, Brianna Derr, Diane Jakacki, & Courtney Paddick
- Communications Committee: Brianna Derr & Jill Hallam-Miller
- Logistics Committee: Diane Jakacki, Tracy Hower, Jill Hallam-Miller, Susan Musser, & Emily Sherwood
- Guidance and Support: Param Bedi
- Event Technology Support: George Lincoln, Jeff Campbell, & Jesse Greenawalt
- Events Management: Lindsay Shively
- Bucknell Dining: Michelle Kerstetter
- Registration: Pamela Noone
- Scheduling Volunteers: Deb Cook-Balducci & Brianna Derr
Additional thanks to Carrie Johnston, who served as conference chair until September when she assumed a new position at Wake Forest University.
Again, we are very excited to have you here with us. If at any time during the conference you are in need of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of the Library & IT team. We are so glad that you are here!
Very Best Wishes,
Director, Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship
We’ve assembled a few short videos to highlight last year’s event, to welcome you to campus, and to introduce you to our community.